Lambeth Family Gangs
Evaluated by: Confluence Partnerships
Data was gathered over three months during early 2018 by an independent evaluator using the following means:
- 1:1 interview with caseworker
- Face to face and telephone interviews with four professionals who have referred young people to the project
- Telephone interviews with two parents whose children have been referred to the project
- Case file review
- Analysis of monthly monitoring data
- Review of reporting feedback to project funder
Lambeth Family Gangs project exists to provide holistic support to families in the borough who are affected by the current or previous gang involvement of one family member, which can cause trauma and disruption to the whole family. The nature of the support provided involves offering help around issues such as housing, liaising with the authorities and supporting the children and young people in the family to stay engaged with education and employment.
- 38 direct beneficiaries, all of which were children, young people and their families affected by gang activity in Lambeth
- 85% of the 60 families who engage with us report feelings of safety as a result of our involvement with them
- 60% of Parents and siblings experience reduced social isolation, through engaging with local community networks and meeting others facing similar challenges
- At least 85% of families have the confidence/ability to access support such as counselling, health professionals, communicating with schools, probation, improving the welfare of all family members.