What it is
The Peer Advisor Programme is core to St Giles’s work and can be embedded as an end-to-end programme in any service or project working to support people facing disadvantage. It offers a structured package of:
- Robust application, interview, risk assessment, induction and onboarding support
- ‘Learning to Advise’, an 11-session City & Guilds assured course introducing advice and guidance work
- Volunteer or work placements in frontline advice and guidance roles
- Supervision and support to ensure quality and impact, enable progression and development
- Assessment and portfolio building to gain City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Advice & Guidance
- A suite of additional assured short courses and qualifications, including housing and homelessness, young people at risk, employment support, and trauma-informed practice.
After training and working as a Peer Advisor with our north London team, Beverley then started her own business with our support.
Watch this short film on our Peer Advisor Programme
Watch this four minute film to see the Yorkshire Team delivering the Peer Advisor Programme and hear from people who have benefitted from it.