Children of Prisoners Empowered (COPE) Interim Evaluation
Evaluated by: Confluence Partnerships
- Telephone interview with COPE caseworker
- Telephone interview with a referring professional (Children’s Centre family support worker)
- Telephone interviews with two families currently being supported by COPE
- Case studies of work with children and young people prepared by the caseworker
- Analysis of project monitoring data
Children of Prisoners empowered (COPE) is a Leeds community based service delivering intensive support to disadvantaged children and young people affected by a parent's imprisonment in HMP Leeds, HMP New Hall and HMP Wealstun.
Over year one of the COPE project:
- COPE is exceeding it’s target referral numbers – 39 young people and children ages 0-18 referred over the first year. It’s target for the two year project is 50.
- 10 instances of clients having significantly improved home lives, 11 instances of improved ability to express feelings and 4 instances reduced isolation.