Routeways Final Year Evaluation
Evaluated by: JH Consulting
Evaluation of Routeways took place at various points from summer 2018 to December 2019, and included:
- group and individual discussions with Routeways management and delivery staff, Better Placed
- partners, training providers and the South Bank Employers Group (SBEG)
- one-to-one, confidential discussions with Routeways clients
- one-to-one discussions with other organisations that have worked in partnership with Routeways
- examination of a range of project data and review of relevant wider research and information
Routeways is a JP Morgan Chase Foundation funded two year project that ran between January 2018 and December 2019, led and delivered by St Giles. The Better Placed partners (London Boroughs of Southwark, Lambeth and Lewisham) are key stakeholders in the project.
The stated aims of Routeways included:
- Enabling people who are in low paid and insecure jobs to improve their earnings and prospects, progress at work and reduce levels of poverty and reliance on state finance, and
- Engaging employers in supporting these improvements and accessing the types of services that will help them to improve and build their businesses.
Over the two year project:
- 317 participants engaged with Routeways
- 194 participants have improved their skills
- 143 have increase incomes and/or are more financially stable – this account for 45% of the clients engaged
- 250 experienced a range of soft outcomes including increased confidence, motivations, better home situations and others.